Category B Listed; former Parkhead School; Hugh H. Maclure and Charles H Robinson. Constructed in two phases in 1878 and 1887.
Glasgow Building Preservation Trust is a charity that works to rescue, repair, restore and rehabilitate historic buildings at risk across the city. We work in partnership with others to give redundant buildings a new purpose and return them to their communities.
“...during the course of a building preservation project, not just the stonework and the roof gets repaired, but also people’s hope, purpose, identity, community spirit, optimism and courage to take control of their future...”
Liz Davidson, Principal : City Design, Glasgow City Council
The Trust also organises the annual Glasgow Doors Open Days Festival in September, which celebrates and promotes the city’s architecture and rich built heritage. The event sees over 100 buildings and sites open their doors for anyone to visit, along with an extensive programme of walks, talks, tours, children’s activities and much more – all for free!
Category B listed, Gillespie, Kidd & Coia, 1961; proposed Cathkin Braes Mountain Bike and Activity Centre
Category B listed, A.B. McDonald, 1905; West Boathouse
Category A listed, owned by The National Trust for Scotland, managed by Glasgow City Council.
Latest News & Announcements:
Scotland’s largest urban nature park is to be created with a £4,461,800 award from the Heritage Lottery Fund. This ground-breaking project will include the restoration of Provan Hall in Easterhouse.
Glasgow Building Preservation Trust is pleased to announce that work has commenced on our project at Westmuir Street, Parkhead.
The Spirit of Calton programme have awarded a grant of £2,500 to support the development of the Activity Plan and the Equality Plan for the West Boathouse Project. Funded from the Spirit of Calton – A Fourteen Community. The Fund is administered by Foundation Scotland.