Featured Image

Past Projects


“Glasgow is peppered with eye-catching restoration projects undertaken by GBPT.”
James Moir, UK Association of Preservation Trusts

 

Since 1982, the Trust has delivered 12 major building projects, 40 Options Appraisals (Feasibility Studies) and assisted with significant repair works for 7 buildings. Our work has been recognised by a number of prestigious awards, including the Andrew Doolan Best Building in Scotland Award for Castlemilk Stables and more recently the UK wide National Lottery Award for Best Heritage Project for Gartnavel Chapel – Calman Cancer Support Centre.

GBPT Projects

Category B listed, Glasgow Corporation Parks Department, 1924; conservation repairs and enhancements as a venue for the Commonwealth Games and beyond, 2011 – ongoing Page\Park Architects

Category B listed, attributed to David Hamilton, 1790; repair and new build intervention by Elder and Cannon Architects, 2007

Category A listed, Peddie & Kinnear, 1858; repair and new build intervention by Elder and Cannon Architects, 2003

Category A listed, Allan Dreghorn, 1739-1756; repairs and restorationincluding basement insertion by Nicholas Groves-Raines Architects, 2000

Category A listed, Pugin & Pugin, 1878-1895; repairs to the building and insertion of internal ‘pod’ by Page\Park Architects, 1997

St. Francis Church

Gilbert Mackenzie Trench, 1933; a series of 4 boxes were restored in 1996

The Police Boxes

Category B listed, architect unknown 1867; repair and new build intervention by Elder and Cannon Architects, 1996

Category B listed, J. Rind 1906; refurbishment, 1995

Hutchesontown Public Library

Partnership Projects

Category A listed, mid-late 19th Century; original architect unknown. Current architect: John Gilbert Architects

Category A listed, Robert Rowand Anderson, 1906; series of repairs and improvements by Page\Park Architects (latest phase completed in 2011)

Category A listed, David Hamilton, 1802-5; external repairs by Pollock Hammond Partnership, 2010

Category C(s) listed, architect reputed to be John Carrick, 1868; internal and external repairs by Fiona Sinclair Neil MacPhail Architects, 2005

73-77 Trongate

Category A listed, Salmon & Gillespie, 1906; protective external mesh following concrete deterioration by GBPT, 2004

Lion Chambers

Category A listed, architect unknown, 1592-1636; repair, conservation, new lighting and sculpture by RMJM Architects, 2003

Tron Steeple

Category A listed, Campbell, Douglas and Stevenson, 1866; spire conservation repairs by John Gilbert Architects, 2002

Townhead Spire

Category A listed, Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson, 1857-1859; tower restoration and subsequent re-roofing by Page\Park Architects 2001

St. Vincent Street Church