With the support of HLF, Glasgow Life and other sponsors we have been able to organise a dedicated children’s programme for Glasgow Doors Open Day this year!
You can download the fun map here (or get a paper copy – details here).
But we know how hard it is deciding where to go, especially when you have to think about getting children ready, pit stops and transport.
We’ve created an interactive map on the children’s programme page. Here you can see how close each of the buildings and events are, exactly what children’s activities they are offering and links through so that you can get more information to details such as refreshments, facilities and transport.
Top five Children’s Events…
- ‘Mazing Memory Museum – a hay bale maze located at Riverside Museum. Let your kids run get lost in the maze and find their way to the centre with an interactive oral history museum
- Re-imagine Holmwood House – For all budding architects, visit Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson’s villa and let your kids get creative by designing an extension on the architectural plans
- G3 Growers – Make a cress-head or decorate a plant pot to take home
- Fairfield Shipyard Offices – Crafts and dressing up activities to discover Glasgow’s Industrial past
- Digging In – Explore a WW1 reconstructed trench and find out what it really would have been like
Enjoying planning your weekend with the family